PHC provides advanced capabilities to search the ClinicalTrials.gov database. ClinicalTrials.gov is a public resource provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. The database contains information on hundreds of thousands of privately and publicly funded clinical studies conducted around the world.
PHC offers two ways to find your relevant studies, trial searching and trial matching. Trial searching lets the PHC user select the search filters. Search filters are curated fields based on ClinicalTrials.gov fields with additional fields, such as drug name and drug class. Trial matching is a capability unique to PHC. It automatically filters trials using subject information that already exists in PHC. This data includes genetic variants and other detailed, patient-specific criteria. Trial matching also allows the user to add filters in the same manner as trial searching.
Filter Studies with Trial Searching¶
Note: Drug Name and Drug Class filters require the PHC JAX feature. Contact LifeOmic to enable this capability.
- On the left side of PHC, click Trial Matching.
- Enter terms in any filter fields. Separate multiple terms by commas.
- Click the match ANY selector to match ALL to require results that include every term.
Click on a Title row to get details on that study.
Note: The Trial ID is the ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier.
Filter Studies with Trial Matching¶
Trial matching is a developing feature. Additional options and biomarkers may be available.
- Create a subject viewer with a custom layout using the Subject Trial Matching module, see Single Subject Data Layout
- On the left side of PHC, click Subjects.
- Click on a subject to display the subject with the subject trial matching module you configured. This module replicates the Trial Search fields.
- Examine the terms to the right of Subject Summary: to see what criteria PHC is automatically applying from the existing patient data. Note: Inclusion: denotes a genetic variant.
- Enter terms in any filter fields to further narrow the search.
- Click on a Title row to get details on a study.