To view the current results of your published survey submissions:
- Click on the Survey tab from the menu.
- Click on the View Survey Results icon for the survey of interest.
The Survey Results page opens and has two tabs you can view: Responses, and Survey Metrics.
The Responses tab shows your survey questions and results over time displayed as Totals or Trends. Totals (above image) show all the responses to the survey question, where Trends map out the responses over time.
To optimize screen loading time, only the first 16 questions are rendered on the results page. For longer surveys, you can select which response renderings are displayed.
- To remove a response rendering, click the "x" in the top right corner of the question.
- To add a response rendering, click on the "search survey pages or questions" bar at the top right of the screen. Then scroll through a full list of your survey questions or type in a keyword to locate the question response you want displayed.
Totals vs. Trends¶
The survey results page for numerical responses can be rendered as Totals or Trends. Selecting the corresponding button beneath the rendering will switch between these views.
Total button - Total shows renderings of all the responses collected for that question.
Trend button - Trend shows renderings of data collected over time. Clicking this button opens a set of additional buttons allowing you to aggregate the data based on hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly reporting (see image below).
In this rendering (see above image), the orange line represents the daily average, the red line shows the overall trend, and each person’s response is indicated with blue lines.
Trends help you monitor the progress of the subject population. For instance, if you are a fitness instructor and want to see if you've had success helping your clients lose weight, you can view the trend of their reported weights over time and see if the overall trend shows a loss or a gain.
Response, Word, and Word Cloud¶
The survey results page for single textbox questions with open-ended text entry responses (such as "What is your mailing address?") offer the following rendering options:
- Response button - Response is a list of all responses to that question.
- Word button - Word graphs the frequency of each word/number used in the response.
- Word Cloud button - Word Cloud creates an cloud-like image from the responses provided.
Survey Metrics are renderings of the participation in your survey. You can view the Totals or Trends by selecting the corresponding button beneath the graph.
- Total button - Total shows how many subjects have completed, started but not finished (in progress), and not started the survey.
- Trend button - Trend shows how many surveys were assigned overtime. Clicking the trend button presents you with Interval buttons allowing you to see the hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly renderings of the Total Completed Surveys and the Total Surveys assigned.