Survey Single Textbox Questions¶
Single Textbox questions are best when you want a short response where participants type their individual responses.
How to Create a Single Textbox Question¶
Click Create Question
Select Single Textbox
Type your question. (e.g., What is your DOB? or Additional comments?)
Select your response type:
Once you have finished adding your text and saving it, you will have access to the advanced settings for that question.
Expand or Compress the question/text box¶
Move, Copy, or Delete it with the Ellipsis button ¶
Set General, Logic, or Style Settings ¶
General - Here you have three options to tailor the response of the participant.
- Require a Response (requires participants to answer the question before being able to proceed with the survey)
- Set validation on min or max character count (allowing less characters will keep the open text responses shorter)
- Provide an initial value (e.g., when asking a young subject population their DOB, you may list a recent date as the initial value to minimize their scrolling)
Logic - Selecting Add Display Logic will open a screen where you will be prompted for more information needed to guide who sees this text based on answers to previous questions linked to this logic.
Click here for more information on Logic and other Advanced Settings.
Style - Here you have two options to change the appearance of the text:
- Dense Margins (tightens the margins around the survey item)
- Indent Survey Item (adds extra left padding to the input control)
You can also add Advanced Settings, including Logic rules, to your survey question.
See other question types: