A project is a container used to store a dataset. It can be comprised of various health or genomic data for one or many subjects. An account can have one or many projects, and projects can be used to separate datasets for access control or general data-organization purposes.
A Project may also be created within an Account to collect an informed consent from subjects and nothing else, as the PHC is FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliant.
How to create a new Project:¶
Click the Project name in the upper left corner of the screen to open the drop down menu (it does not matter what project name is showing).
Click See All at the bottom of the Project drop down menu.
Create a Project by clicking Add Project in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the dialog box that opens (see image below):
- Name the project. (In the example pictured below, we named our project "Consent Test".)
- Add a description (optional).
- Add an email address for the Project Owner (optional).
- Decide if you need to check if this project requires FDA Compliance (21 CFR PArt 11 compliance - this cannot be changed later).
- Select the appropriate reference build for your genomic data. If your project will not have any genomic data loaded, you can leave the Genome Research Build selection unchanged.
- Click Add.
- To access your new Project, click on the newly created Project via the left-hand navigation or tile in the middle of the screen.