The Course page is accessed by clicking on the Open Course button on the Program Builder Page as discussed here. On this page you can view, add, remove, and edit activities as well as adding a new day and publishing the program you've built.
Course Page Layout¶
The banner at the top of the page includes:
- Courses/Course Name
- Description of the course
- Publish button - Publishes the program you've built
- Jump to day search box - Type in the day number you wish to jump to for viewing or editing.
- Filter icon - Lets you switch between a horizontal scrolling view or a weekly grid view (see clip below). The default setting is for horizontal scrolling. This is saved locally, meaning you can close the browser and return to this layout, but once you log out, it resets to the default.
Beneath the banner are columns for each day which include:
- The Day number
- Estimated Course length
- - Clicking this give you access to the Delete button to delete the day
- Activities (and the estimated time of completion)
You can add one or multiple activities to each day to build out your course.
Hovering your cursor within a column will present you with the +Add Activity button. Clicking this presents you with activity options (as shown in the image below).
The activities listed below are available to include in your course. Those with an * beside it link to external webpages (articles, videos, or other):
- Complete (survey)
- Consume (healthy plants) - Autocompletes with data from LX's five pillars
- Fast (hours) - Ask them to record the previous night's fast. This activity autocompletes with completed fasting data from LX's five pillars
- Learn* (Lifeology course)
- Listen* (audio)
- Measure (biometric)
- Perform (minutes of exercise) - This does not autocomplete based on wearable data tracked in LX, rather the user simply checks it off when complete. This can also be used as a catchall if the other activity verbs don't meet your needs (such as "Perform task: track the five pillars").
- Photograph (photo of something)
- Post (in Circle) - Navigates to the Circle so subjects can interact with members of their circle
- Practice (minutes of mindfulness) - This activity is user checkable
- Provide (information) - In the dialog box that opens, select one of the following under Data to Collect:
- Address - Lets subjects provide a shipping address for any program kits (in the dialog box that opens, choose Address under "Data to Collect")
- Read* (article)
- Write* (activity sheet)
- Receive (lab results)
- Sleep (hours) - Autocompletes with completed sleep data from LX's five pillars
- Watch* (video)
Activities are listed as verbs. When filling out activity parameters, in all cases, except fasting and sleep activities, the title should begin with a lowercase letter as it completes the rest of the verb's sentence. In the example below, the activity's parameters are shown in the top portion of the image and the lower part of the image shows how the completed parameters display on the activity chip.
For the fasting and sleep activities, it will autopopulate the activity's verbage and include the duration you set in the parameters. Anything entered into the title for these two activities will appear as a second line. For example, if we select the fasting activity, set the duration to 16 hours and leave the title blank, the activity in the Today tile of LX will read "Fast for 16 hours". But if we'd added "Fasting while sleeping counts toward your total fasting hours" in the title field of the activity parameters, it would appear as a separate sentence below "Fast for 16 hours".
Once you've added a title for an activity, the next time you add that activity to your course and begin typing the title name, it autofills the name for convenience.
Deep Link and Rich Content¶
Some activities have a toggle allowing users to add rich content to their activity. To configure rich content for an activity, click the toggle for
Include Description. In the window that opens, you can provide a description and supporting media (by adding a link to an image, audio, or video). This will be displayed on the Today tile of LX for that activity. You can also toggle on
Deep Link and specify the target to link to. These targets include:
Applet (applet from LX marketplace):
- Anxiety Severity Assessment
- BMR Calculator
- Balance Assessment
- Blood Biomarker Document Upload
- Blood Biomarker Test
- Body Assessment
- Depression Severity Assessment
- Fitness Assessment
- Grip Strength Assessment
- Macro Calculator
- Max Heart Rate Calculator
- Perceived Stress Assessment
- Physiology Assessment
- Plank Assessment
- Pranayama Breathing
- Prediabetes Assessment
- Push-Up Assessment
- Sit-Up Assessment
- Step Test Assessment
- Waist to Height Ratio Calculator
- Waist to Hip Ratio Calculator
Fasting (LX pillar)
- Nutrition (LX pillar)
- Sleep (LX Pillar)
- Profile (profile screen of LX)
Click Create after setting the parameters.
The difference between using a YouTube URL in a Watch activity type versus including it as a rich content is that the Watch activity YouTube URL launches the LX video player, where the rich content video link plays the video in a small dialog box that shows the Today tile in the background.
Beyond the activity verb and object (Title) that is displayed on the Today tile in the mobile app, an activity with rich content will present a modal to the user when tapped. Text (defined by the description) and image, audio, or video (defined by media url) are visible as well as, optionally, a button (defined by the deep link.) For example, you can deep link to an applet (such as Blood Biomarker Test applet) and then select from a list which applet you want to direct the user.
Some activities already have deep links tying them to pillars. These include Consume, Fast, Sleep, and Practice.
Move, Preview, vDelete, Edit, and Move to¶
To access these activity tools, hover your cursor on the activity till it darkens and displays the tools. However the activities are ordered within the Courses screen is how they will appear to the user on their Today tile in LX. The only activity not impacted by reordering is the Motivate activity. Users will always see the Motivate quote at the top of the Today tile.
Activity tools (see image above) include:
- Move - Grab the handle and drag the activity to a new location within the program
- Preview - Clicking this opens a preview of the external link the user will be directed toward
- Delete - Removes the activity
- Edit - Change the parameters of the activity
- Move to - Click this, then specify the day you wish to move the activity to, click Accept