Work with Your Document¶
OCR features several tools to help you work with medical records.
Find and Set Document Dates¶
- Open a document.
At the top of the screen, click the Annotations icon and click Document Dates.
OCR highlights all the dates in the document and displays a list of Document Dates.
Hold down your mouse button and highlight a date that you would like to set as the document date.
On the menu that appears, click the calendar icon and click either No, just this page to set the date for the specific page or Yes, update the whole document to set the date for the entire document.
Note: The selected date now appears as grey text on the lower left page of the document.
Copy or Add to the Picklist¶
In addition to a standard copy function, OCR features a picklist that allows you to copy multiple items to a list and paste from that list.
Note: Your picklist is not saved, when you close the document. To work in multiple documents at the same time, use multiple browser windows.
In the document, hold down your mouse button and highlight a word or phrase.
Tip: You can hit the select icon to extend the selection to the entire line.
To make a simple copy, click the clipboard icon .
- To add the text to a running list, click the picklist icon .
- To access the picklist, click the picklist icon at the bottom right of the page or the Data icon at the top of the page.
- When the picklist appears, scroll over a term and hit the copy icon.
OCR gives you the option to hide sensitive patient data. You can then mask this data from PHC users viewing the document in masked mode.
- On an open document, at the top of the screen, click the Annotations icon and click Redact PHI.
- Hold down your mouse button and highlight a sensitive term.
- From the menu that appears, click the Mask selected text icon . The redacted term is overwritten.
- To remove the redaction, click the Annotations icon and click Redact PHI.
Manage Files and Create Folders¶
- Under the OCR tab on the left side menu, click All Files.
- Mouse over a listed file to reveal the file management menu.
- To rename a document, click Rename.
- To view a document, click the View icon .
- To create folders and move the file to a folder, click the Move document icon .
- To delete the document, click the Delete Document icon .
- To display a document thumbnail with information, click the View Details icon .
Assign the Document to a Subject¶
If you do not import a document directly into a subject, you need to attach a subject to the document before you work with the data. This allows you to index, organize, and view data and documents by the patient's name in PHC.
- On an open document, at the top of the screen, click the Data icon and click Document Details .
- On the Document Details pane, under The Subject of this Document, if OCR has correctly identified the subject, click the checkmark and click Update Document with Changes to confirm.
- If the subject is not automatically identified but exists in the PHC, click in the Search existing subjects... field and click the subject name. Click Update Document with Changes to confirm.
- If the subject is not automatically identified and does not exist in the PHC, click Add subject.... Fill out the First Name and Last Name fields and click Save. Click Update Document with Changes to confirm.