LifeOmic provides the ability to connect your EHR (Electronic Health Record) system to the PHC for automatic ingestion.
High-level Ingestion Flow¶
Below are the API models used to achieve this EHR ingestion flow.
EHR: Represents the metadata needed for the PHC to:
Authenticate with an EHR
Download data during an ingestion
Transform the data to FHIR (based on
Connector: Represents a connection to a PHC project which should receive data ingested from the EHR
Ingestion: Represents the synchronization of data from the EHR into the PHC
Scheduled-Ingestion: Allows for scheduling an ingestion (such as every day)
See the EHR API documentation for more info.
Manage EHRs with the PHC Web App¶
Go to https://apps.us.lifeomic.com to access the PHC.
Click on the account name in the header.
If you belong to only a single account, you go to the Account Management page. If you belong to more than one account, a dialog similar to the one below will appear. Click the account you'd like to manage from the list and click the Change button.
Click EHRs to list the currently integrated EHRs.
To remove an EHR, click thedelete icon on the EHR row.
To examine the details of an EHR, click thedetails icon on the EHR row. From the EHR Detail view, you have several options.
- From the default Project Connectors tab view, click Update EHR to display and configure the EHR details. Refer to the Configure an EHR in PHC procedure for more details.
- Click the delete icon on the Project row to remove the project connector.
Click Add Project Connector to display the Add Project Connector dialog and use the drop down to select a project and click Save.
From the Ingestions tab, mouse over a row to reveal the menu controls.
- Click the Rerun Ingestion icon to kick off an ingestion.
Click theto display the details of an ingestion.
From the Scheduled Ingestions tab, click Schedule Ingestion to display the Start Ingestion dialog.
- On the Start Ingestion dialog, under Connectors, select a connector or multiple connnectors.
- Select Consume Pending Updates to ingest any data already in the queue.
- Under Records, leave unselected to ingest all records. Click Add Record and select PATIENT or DOCUMENT for a specific record. For the PATIENT ID or DOCUMENT ID, use the ID from the EHR source, such as Cerner or Epic.
- Under Schedule, select day or hour and the time of day in the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) zone.
To configure a new EHR, click the Configure an EHR in PHC procedure beginning at step 5.Add icon and follow the steps in the
Currently, we only support Cerbo EHRs. Thus the
type field on the EHR API model must be
Contact us if you are using a different type of EHR for your PHC integration or are using Cerbo but need help setting things up.