Pie Charts are only used for patient demographics.
Add a Pie Chart to Your Layout:¶
- If you are not already in Edit Layout mode, enter it by clicking the Edit Layout icon in the blue header.
- Click the Add Module button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Pie Chart.
- In the window that opens, three tabs are available to customize your pie chart: General, Style, and Advanced.
Title - Name the pie chart to reflect what the chart will represent.
Group Patients by Demographic - Click the dropdown menu and select which demographic you want displayed in the chart (Race, Gender, Living Status, Ethnicity).
Click Apply to build your Pie Chart or continue editing the colors and margins in the Style and Advanced tabs of the module (see below).
The Style tab allows you to adjust the colors of your pie chart. You can also load a palette for more color options.
The Advanced tab allows you to adjust the margins of your module, though this function is not commonly used.
- Click Preview at the top of the module settings to view it.
- If everything looks good, click Apply to apply the new settings. This will NOT save the module. If you click away, you will lose this module.
- To save this module and its settings to the layout, click the Save Changes icon found in the blue header at the top of the page. Or if you need to make changes, click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the module.
Clicking Apply will create your chart. It does not save the layout. To save the layout, you must click the Save Changes icon (found in the blue header). Navigating away from this page before clicking the icon will cause you to lose all changes since your last save.