Users selecting the Heatmap module to add to their layouts will be presented with a settings screen (shown below) to specify what is mapped.
With the data stored in the PHC for this project and the settings specified above, a heatmap (shown below) is displayed.
If you do not check the "Choose specific genes" checkbox, you will be asked you to specify the following information:
- Statistical Function (Standard Deviation, Average, or Median)
- Sort Genes (Ascending or Descending)
- Top # of Genes to Graph
This will create a map that looks similar to the image below.
The settings used to build the heatmap above are shown in the image below.
Title - Give your Heatmap a name. This will be displayed at the top right of the module.
Genes You can check "Choose specific genes" checkbox to specify the genes mapped. This will prompt you to select which Heatmap Genes you wish to add to the map. You can add more by clicking the Add Gene button or remove a gene by clicking the X beside the selected gene.
The advanced tab allows you to adjust the margins of the module.
- Click Preview at the top of the module settings to view it.
- If everything looks good, click Apply to apply the new settings. This will NOT save the module. If you click away, you will lose this module.
- To save this module and its settings to the layout, click the Save Changes icon found in the blue header at the top of the page. Or if you need to make changes, click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the module.
Clicking Apply will create your chart. It does not save the layout. To save the layout, you must click the Save Changes icon (found in the blue header). Navigating away from this page before clicking the icon will cause you to lose all changes since your last save.