Survey Service FAQ¶
What is LifeOmic Survey Service?¶
- LifeOmic Survey Service is a fully-managed survey response collection platform with support for complex and dynamic question interactions, structured/coded data capture, version publishing, and a robust question library.
- Surveys work seamlessly with LifeOmic FHIR Service and LifeOmic Consent Service (which is 21 CFR Part 11 compliant).
What question types are supported?¶
- Below are a quick top four list of question types commonly asked for:
See the Survey User-Guide for more question types and their respective configuration properties.
How are Surveys stored and represented?¶
What are Survey Adapters with respect to Survey Responses?¶
- Survey Adapters allow for responses to be transformed into FHIR Observations stored on the survey participants subject record. These immediately become available for visualization and visible within the subject record.
- Survey Adapters are created automatically when questions are inserted into a survey from the Question Library (i.e. pre-configured questions).
- Transforms 2 questions asking for a subjects height in feet and inches and calculates the value in feet for the height of the subject
- Record blood pressure from a systolic and diastolic measurement
- Calculates BMI for a subject's weight and height in feet and inches
What notification options are available for survey participants?¶
- Survey participants can be notified by email and by push notification through LIFE Extend.
What alert mechanism is supported when a survey response is collected?¶
- Surveys may be configured with alerts based on the survey response collected. When the alert logic criteria matches the survey response, the system will send a notification to the configured email address.
- Example: Email the patient's clinical team if a survey response for their pain is within the threshold of
7 - 10(Pain Scale).
What scheduling options are available for sending out surveys and collecting responses?¶
- Surveys may be configured and scheduled to be sent out daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.
- Scheduled surveys can send reminders to participants to encourage their response.
- Scheduled surveys can expire previous response requests that have not been started when the schedule is sending out a new survey. This reduces the amount of unanswered surveys in the participants survey list.
Are there limitations on how large a Survey can be?¶
- There is a soft-limit for a survey configuration that is
- This soft-limit size provides support for about ~350 questions of various question types with complex answer logic for survey participants to answer.
- If this size becomes an issue, reach out to us to let us know your use-case.
What browsers are supported for survey participants?¶
- The last 2 versions of Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Safari are supported - including the mobile versions of Chrome and Safari.
- Note: The release cadence for supported browsers may be found at their respective sites:
- Chromium (Chrome and IE Edge)
How do I export the survey data for my subjects?¶
- If the reason to export data is to analyze the results, consider using the Survey Results interface for real-time results analysis.
- A second option for analysis are using an interactive Notebook which allows a user to leverage their favorite visualization/graphing tools from Python, R, or Julia.
- For exporting survey data into comma-separated values (CSV) format, one quick option is to use the LifeOmic CLI SURVEYS commands with the corresponding project and survey identifiers.
- For example:
bash lo surveys export-responses <project identifier> <survey identifier>
- Survey data may also be exported using the Survey API. With a valid Authentication token or an API key, the specific API to look at is
Last update: 2021-04-22