LifeOmic FHIR Service FAQ¶
Why FHIR as a data-shape?¶
The Precision Health Cloud (PHC) leverages many data shapes that represent Electronic Health Records for individuals.
- Clinical time-series data points - examples are diagnoses, blood pressure, heart-rate measurements, blood glucose, medications, scheduled visits, etc...
- Genomic Variants, Gene expression, Proteomics, Pharmacogenetics - file formats such as VCF, BAM, CSV, TSV
- Documents, Images, and Audio - file formats such as JPEG, PNG, DICOM, PDF, etc.
- Open Source - the modern generation health record standard from HL7
- RESTful with support for GraphQL - These two aspects provide support for modern client applications on top of the platform.
- Provides a standard for the exchange of resources
- Industry supported from major institutions like Epic, Cerner, MirthConnect, Apple Health
- Terminologies and Ontologies for medical classification codes for data
Last update: April 9, 2020